Friday, January 14, 2011

Follow Friday: Glasgow Ancestry

In my recent post on the Approved Ancestor Award, I mentioned my fascination with Glasgow Ancestry. The author of this blog, Catswhiskers, consistently posts pictures of tombstones from the cemeteries in the Greater Glasgow area. There are images from the Glasgow Necropolis, the Gorbals, Pollockshaws, Cathcart, Paisley, Govan, and more. I wondered did Catswhiskers prowl around cemeteries on the weekends or sneak off during his lunch break? Did he simply like dead people, like Kerry at Clue Wagon? I can well understand the attraction, I am always taking pictures of nifty tombstones when I happen to be in a cemetery. I especially like the monuments from the 17th and 18th centuries, but you don't get many of those around Cleveland.

I have since heard from Catwhiskers who discovered this blog at the same time I mentioned his. It seems that when Catswhiskers, aka Nigel Cole, isn't photographing cemeteries he leads small group tours in Scotland and England. I can't speak for or vouch for Catswhiskerstours, but he seems to have experience arranging ancestry tours, which must be a good thing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...