Friday, November 19, 2010

Follow Friday: Two Blogs with Pictures of Scotland

While poking around a'spaidsearachd agus a'meòrachadh, I found a several blogs which relate in some way to the Hebrides – either about the region specifically or written by people who live there. I found two that might be of particular interest to readers of this blog:

Tour Scotland Photographs is one of a collection of blogs run by Sandy Stevenson, a tour operator in Perthshire. I don’t know Sandy or anything about his tour company, but he has posted a plethora of photos and videos. For those who are researching Scotland but can’t get there, this could be a handy source.

Photo Hebrides is the creation of Donnie Mackay, who runs a photo agency on the Isle of Skye. You can also visit his website here. I don't know him either, but his photos are lovely. As with Tour Scotland, stopping by Photo Hebrides might be a great way to visit Scotland without leaving your desk.

I used to work as a photo editor, so I appreciated the way good imagery augments the written word. Hopefully, on these two sites and elsewhere on the Internet, you can find images that help you better understand what you have read about Scotland.

Happy Viewing!

(nb: At about 5pm est on November 19th, I learnt that two of the links were incorrect. My apologies. They are now fixed.)

2 comments:

direcleit said...

Hi Amanda,
Many thanks for another mention but I think the link to my blog and the link to the Photo Hebrides blog are incorrect?
All the best,
Peter

Amanda E. Epperson said...

Thanks Peter - the links are all better now. That's what I get for blogging inbetween classes. I thought I was being efficient; apparently not.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...