Sunday, November 28, 2010

Scottish Emigration Reading List, part one

Over the years I have been asked to recommend books on Scottish migration. I'm not sure why it took such a long time for me to realize this blog was the perfect place for a list of books. This post and the next contain titles specifically about Scottish migration between 1700 and 1850 that I read while doing my dissertation. I have limited it to books and not articles as the former are more easily accessed, especially if you don't have access to JSTOR, EBSCO host, or an acadmic library.

2 comments:

GeniAus said...

Thanks for this list - now I just need time to read some of them :-))

Amanda E. Epperson said...

The only reason I read them all is becasue it was my job, so to speak. Unfortunately, there isn't enough time in the universe to read all the interesting books out there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...