Thursday, October 20, 2011

EmigranThursday - Takes a Break

Presbyterian Meeting House, Colonial Williamsburg

Unbeknownst to you, fair reader, after weeks of dithering, last night I reached a momentous decision: my weekly column, EmigranThursday, is going on hiatus. I enjoy researching and writing each one, but as this process takes at least three hours per week, I realized that I can not continue if I am to complete the many other projects on my plate. I anticipate that EmigranThursday will reappear, perhaps in the New Year, but as an occasional column as opposed to a weekly one.

In the meantime, I invite you to read about Alexander MacAuley on Melodee Beals blog, Demography and the Imperial Sphere. MacAuley was born in Glasgow in 1754 and died in Virginia in 1797 after having failed at every business venture he attempted. Despite his bad luck, he seems to have been amiable and a good friend to those who knew him. I imagine him as the sort of chap that was good to have at a party. Melodee's three part post on MacAuley, provides a much more in depth look at an individual than I ever did in EmigranThursday: Part I, Part II and Part III.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...