Saturday, October 25, 2014

Crafting Your Heritage: Knit a Plaid Collar from Knitty.com


Let your favorite tartan inspire your color section

If you need an amazing Christmas present you might like to make the Princess Franklin Plaid Collar from designer Franklin Habit at Knitty.com. The top portion of the article relates his inspiration and process for selecting the colors; the pattern and photos are at the end.

He took his inspiration from the "Princess Mary" plaid scarf pattern he found in a vintage knitting book. I must confess that I have not tried this pattern myself, I only tripped across it on Pinterest. It doesn't look hard, but it definitely looks "fiddly."

If you have access to Tartans. Their Art and History (or a similar source) that lists tartan setts, you can adjust the colors in the Princess Franklin collar to reflect your favorite tartan.

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

GeniAus said...

G'day, I really enjoyed this post which I have included in this weeks GAGs - GeniAus Gems at http://geniaus.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/gags-geniaus-gems-31-october-2014.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...