Friday, October 15, 2010

Follow Friday: Your Scottish Ancestry

Apologies for the lapse in posting. October has turned out to be CRAZY and shows no signs of stopping lots of lecture prep, grading, preparing for a birthday party (mine!), then a new class and trips out of town. Maybe things will settle down a bit in November.  Anyway, I didn't want anyone to think I was abandoning the blog or it's readers. I'm not, but there just aren't enough hours in the day.

In case you missed it, here is a new Scottish blog that was announced on Geneabloggers last Saturday.

Your Scottish Ancestry: Family Tree DNA - Genetic testing to answer your g...: "FamilyTreeDNA have announced their latest research tool called Family Finder. The next revolution in genetic genealogy The science is simp..."

The author, Alasdair MacDonald, is the Scottish representative for Family Tree DNA. He does not appear to update blog very often.  Hopefully this will change as I find DNA totally fascinating. I would write more about my interest in using DNA to reconstruct human migration patterns, but then this post would no longer be about Mr. MacDonald's blog.

No comments: